Assistant Director, Alumni Networking & Affinity
Reporting to the Senior Director of Alumni and Gift Success, the Assistant Director of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs develops and collaboratively implements programming to guide and inspire engagement to align with advancement goals. Responsible for strategically developing, implementing, and executing affinity and networking initiatives with a focus on the diverse interests of Auburn University’s alumni and friends. An affinity group is any set of alumni who share a common student experience, interest, identity, or purpose, who can be brought together in-person or digitally to engage with each other and with the university.
- Leads the daily operations and implements strategic goals for the development of affinity engagement opportunities.
- Manages the daily operations of a team to include training, conducting formal performance evaluations, and making decisions or having significant input into pay and hiring and firing decisions. Delegates work, as applicable, ensuring accurate and timely completion; assists staff in resolving complex and non-routine issues.
- Identifies, recruits, cultivates, and encourages volunteers to engage in affinity programs that encourage resource development and establish meaningful connections.
- Provides direction and oversight of the Auburn Alumni Association Black Alumni Council and other established affinity leadership groups.
- Works with other advancement staff to ensure all affinity based programs offer high quality and meaningful experiences, are fiscally sound, and effectively reach target audiences through communication and marketing channels to advance objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Years of Experience: 5
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/28988