Bridgewater College is seeking an Operations Assistant for the Forrer Learning Commons. This position is responsible for managing orders for the Forrer Learning Commons with accompanying processes including financial recording & reporting, providing administrative support to services, and coordinating facility use.
The Operations Assistant is a full-time (12-month) position and reports to the
Director of the Forrer Learning Commons.
- Creates and processes, all orders for resources, materials, and supplies.
- Tracks orders using WorldShare Management System and Microsoft Excel.
- Resolves orders not received in a timely manner.
- Communicates with faculty regarding the status of acquisition requests.
- Supports Deaccession and Reclassification of print resources as needed including preparing, arranging, and coordinating dispersal.
- Monitors budgets.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for orders over $2000.
- Coordinates ordering with the Business Office in a timely manner.
- Transmit or conveys statements and approved invoices to the Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
- Runs reports as requested for operations and endowment account purchases including end-of-year acquisition reports for College Audit Report.
- Administrative support for all services located in the Forrer Learning Commons including supply cabinet.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Evidence of ability to learn new computer systems/platforms
- Proficiency in oral and written communication to provide excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to concentrate and attend to detailed work for long periods of time
- Work well in a team
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs
- Ability to remain confidential
- Ability to multi-task required
QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of commensurate experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Human Resources at email@example.com
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years.
The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9.
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761