Associate Vice President for Facilities ServicesEvergreen State College
For complete details and to learn how to apply for this position visit: https://evergreen.edu/employment/.
This position reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and is responsible for directing the following:
- The maintenance of the physical plant and grounds, including all buildings, repairs, minor remodeling, energy generation and management systems, and custodial services.
- The planning of all facilities, including engineering, architectural design, drafting and estimating services, as well as construction coordination.
- The administration of the Facilities Services department, including personnel, budget, accounting, environmental health and safety, key services, contract administration, motor pool, and garage.
- The advocacy and leadership of sustainability projects and practices that will assist the college in meeting its goals of carbon neutrality and zero waste.
- Space scheduling and management.
- The development of capital and operating budget requests and the administration of budget allocation expenditures.
This is a full-time, overtime-exempt position on the Olympia Campus of The Evergreen State College. This position is an “at-will” appointment, exempt from Washington State Civil Service rules and the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime requirements.
Salary and Benefits: $8,590 - $9,586 per month of full-time work + excellent benefits including paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package; and a tuition waiver program.
Closes: June 18, 2018
All requested application materials must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered.
About the College
The Evergreen State College is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college located in Olympia, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Since opening its doors in 1971, Evergreen has established a national reputation for leadership in developing innovative interdisciplinary, collaborative and team-taught academic programs. The college has a vibrant undergraduate program, graduate programs, and public service centers that constitute a unique academic setting. The college values a student-centered learning environment, a link between theory and practice, and a multicultural community of diverse faculty, students and staff working together. For more information about Evergreen, please visit our college catalog or our website: http://www.evergreen.edu
For details on the application requirements and process visit: https://evergreen.edu/employment/.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.