Academic Records Officer II
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Academic Records Officer II to join our team of professionals.
- Provides administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine's (HWCOM) Grades and Records team including inquiries (phone, email, walk-ins) from Medical Doctor (MD) students, faculty, and staff regarding grades and records. Prepares and compiles reports as needed.
- Receives and records grades in PantherSoft (PS). Assists in phases and functions of student matriculation, course creation, and registration in PS.
- Manages the phases and functions of course creation and registration for Period 4. Coordinates with HWCOM Human Resources (HR) regarding all faculty credentialing matters.
- Manages all functions within the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) database for HWCOM including the correction and updates of any error resolution reports, graduation reports, and updates students' statuses as necessary to ensure the accuracy of NSC reports.
- Assists with the imaging software maintenance and adheres to procedures that ensure documentation is maintained effectively.
- Maintains grades and records policy and procedure manual up-to-date and ensures documentation is maintained accurately.
- Serves as a contact for questions relating to the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS). Assists with processing applications as needed.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database and schedule calendar for individual state licensing requirements and assists with the processing of medical licensure requests for alumni.
- Assists with the maintenance and permanent security of each matriculated student's official academic record including official documents pertaining to student promotion, disciplinary actions, leaves of absence, withdrawals, and other changes in status.
- Manages HWCOM Registrar email and ensures prompt response to all student record requests. Processes requests for official and unofficial transcripts, enrollment verifications, letters of good standing, jury duty deferrals, and name/address changes.
- Ensures confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Maintains a current understanding of federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations as they relate to academic procedures and records.
- Promotes organization policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Advises university personnel regarding the development and implementation of regulatory strategy, potential areas of regulatory concern, and new government/regulatory developments.
- Coordinates leave of absence/return from leave of absence meetings between students and administrative staff/faculty.
- Collects, compiles, and reviews all student documents submitted for residency reclassification. Communicates with students regarding pending or missing documentation and informs them of final decision.
- Provides support with enrollment services responsibilities including but not limited to compliance and extended excused absence processes as assigned in peak times of administrative need.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience with one (1) year of experience working with student information system or equivalent relational database or Master's degree and one (1) year of working experience with a student information system or equivalent relational database.
- Ability to work nights and weekends or travel as required.
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with emerging technologies.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527453.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.