College Recruiter II
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a College Recruiter II to join our team of professionals.
- Collaborates with the leadership team in the development and implementation of the unit's recruitment strategic plans to include email and social media campaigns. Works with Director and Assistant Director to review recruitment strategy, analyze data and implementation of a comprehensive admissions process
- Assists in the evaluation of academic credentials and other documents related to medical school admissions as it relates to admissibility compliance with Liaison Committee of Medical Education (LCME) and the FIU HWCOM's requirements for medical school admissions.
- Facilitates admissions information sessions for prospective students. Assists in the promotion of information sessions through emails to target lists and completes after-event follow-ups.
- Ensures compliance with policies, recommendations, rules, and regulations made by College, University, State, the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and other agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Counsels prospective applicants by engaging in phone calls, emails, and general admissions inquiries Responds to correspondence and inquiries pertaining to admissions; manages the general admissions email address.
- Represents HWCOM at pre-medical student recruitment and outreach events for various pipeline programs. Drives to and from the events, as needed, within the work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Serves as liaison between university administrators, students, parents, faculty, staff, and others, regarding admissions activities
- Conducts the preliminary file evaluation of the medical school applicants and makes recommendations
- Work closely with Director and Assistant Director for events and programs aimed to recruit and retain prospective medical students. These events will also assist in the recruitment and retention efforts for underrepresented student groups within the HWCOM.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure the effective functioning of the admissions and interview process. Contributes to the evaluation of current admissions and recruitment processes.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526720. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.