Financial Analyst I (529398)
Financial Analyst I
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Financial Analyst 1 to join our team of professionals.
- Assists with the design of financial spreadsheets used for forecasting, annual budgeting, and monthly variance analysis.
- Performs data entry and other office functions including maintaining records, logs, and files.
- Reviews and prepares monthly financial summaries for the Principal Research Investigators (PI) Start-up accounts to ensure proper reconciliation. Provides guidance on funds available to make sure the accounts do not go over budget. Prepares binder with back up for the PI's.
- Assists in the reconciling required between HWCOM and the Health Care Network (HCN).
- Prepares new activity requests, smartbills, Inter-Departmental, budget, credit card and payroll transfers as required.
- Investigates and reallocates unidentified expenses charged to HWCOM activities.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget package.
- Receives and deposits cash and/or checks on behalf of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. Responsible for holding custody of gift cards on behalf of grant activities. Serves as the merchant account's primary contact or technical contact; Handles sensitive cardholder information and/or processes credit cards transactions for the department/unit; Will have access to a third party system (software, gateway, etc.) that processes, transmits, and/or stores cardholder information.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly account reconciliations and processing accounting transactions.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and one (1) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 1 to 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced experience with Microsoft Excel such as ability to create and manipulate Pivot Tables, Vlookups and other "function" related formulas.
- Academic Education experience preferred.
- PeopleSoft (PS) general ledger, and PS Query Manager and Business Intelligence experience is a plus.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 529398
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.