Bakery Maintenance MechanicFranz Bakery
Franz Family Bakeries is a large privately owned, independent wholesale baking company, proudly operating in the Pacific Northwest since 1906. We produce a variety of different bakery products which are made with quality ingredients and are the best in the marketplace. Franz is home based in Portland, Oregon and is seeking a new addition to our team.
Bakery Maintenance Mechanic
Hourly wage: $24 - $30 (DOE)
JOB SUMMARY: Bakery Maintenance Engineers will perform required repairs and maintenance tasks as assigned in an orderly, timely, and cost conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, freezers, and/or facilities.
SHIFT & HOURS: New employees will be assigned to any work day: Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts will be based solely upon the union bid process.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt position
• Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all pieces of equipment within the bakery including: production equipment; building (inside construction) and facility grounds.
• Responsible for maintaining the equipment’s productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize bakery product productivity.
• Performs inside construction which may include framing, plumbing and electrical components.
• Ensures all work areas are clean, safe, and follows company GMP’s.
• Works in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with federal and state requirements at all times.
• Maintains accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls, and preventative maintenance reports.
• Prepares specific and accurate parts request forms.
• Responds to maintenance and line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
• Provides emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
• Performs duties in all areas within maintenance department.
• Provides technical assistance and information to Chief Engineer, as needed.
• Displays initiative in recognizing work to be accomplished and makes recommendations to Chief Engineer.
• Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
• High school graduate or GED required.
• LME license strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in similar maintenance of production line equipment and facilities at a large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
• Work experience in other similar equipment maintenance of industrial, manufacturing or production-line equipment may substitute.
• Ability to work in a high temperature environment supporting fast paced machinery.
• Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and flexibility to work in different jobs as needed.
• Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
• Must have reliable attendance to meet employer’s attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
• Must join union within 30 days of hire.
• Adherence to company core values.
Apply online at www.franzcareers.com
Bakery Maintenance Mechanic/Engineer / Seattle
Bakery Maintenance Mechanic/Engineer / 6th Ave
Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer