The George Mason University’s Office of University Branding invites applications for an Advertising Manager to plan, implement, and report on university brand campaigns. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker capable of translating university brand objectives into creative advertising campaigns that engage our audiences and shape the perception of what it means to be a George Mason Patriot.
This position is responsible for overseeing the design, content, and analysis of brand advertising to ensure it conveys the university brand, values, and beliefs to our target markets. In this role, the Advertising Manager will be collaborating with clients or leadership to determine the goals of advertising projects and strategizing plans to meet those goals. Additionally, this position will be running campaigns to build brand awareness and consistently managing and overseeing campaign performance to ensure they’re engaging customers and bringing in desired results. The Advertising Manager will be leading brainstorming sessions with team members to cultivate ideas for new advertising campaign concepts, including content and design elements that support the university’s strategic goals and objectives.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related disciplines, or equivalent level of education and experience;
- In-depth understanding of common marketing and advertising best practices;
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking, active listening and presenting;
- Multitasking and time management skills that allow for working on several campaigns at once;
- Collaboration skills when working on projects with both clients and other departments;
- Data analysis and critical thinking skills to review and apply campaign results;
- Leadership skills, including goal setting and project management;
- Ability to make effective and efficient decisions when planning, scheduling, and implementing campaigns;
- Knowledge using campaign tracking and scheduling software;
- Experience using advertising planning tools for digital and OOH campaigns;
- Knowledge with the DC DMA advertising landscape.
- Knowledge of email marketing and website/landing page best practices;
- Experience using Google Analytics;
- Experience running national campaigns, identifying new markets for entry, and developing performance goals based on research of those markets.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03248Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.