Production Manager, School of Dance
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts School of Dance, seeks qualified applicants for a Production Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Production Manager oversees and participates in the production process for School of Dance curriculum, performances and events.
- Coordinate all aspects of productions to include audio, lighting, video, stage-management, and production schedule;
- Serve as liaison among Production team (Director, Designers, Stage Managers), Director of the School of Dance and guest artists and the LIVE Center;
- Schedule, budget, and staff all aspects of the theatrical season throughout the academic year;
- Coordinate and communicate with the costume shops, Arts Support Umbrella staff, Director of the School of Dance, and student and professional design teams;
- Arrange and archive all production photos, videos, playbills, head shots; program flat screen slide shows in lobby; and
- Schedule and lead all production meetings in preparation of rehearsal process, both production and pre-production, including over summer months as beginning of season approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater, or equivalent professional experience;
- Understanding of dance production, stage management, and general knowledge of dance as a practice and a study;
- Time management skills, the ability to impart good practices (professional standards to Dance majors), high organizational skills and ability to schedule and hold meetings with large numbers of dance and theater practitioners, both student and faculty; and
- The availability to work a fluid and flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends, while maintaining daytime office hours, in a 30-hour per week format.
- Professional experience (typically 5+ years) as a Stage Manager, Lighting Designer or Production Manager is preferred; and
- Experience in an academic setting is desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03275Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.