Administrative Assistant 3 - Library and Cohort ProgramsHighline College
Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 20 minutes south of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 70% students of color, representing over 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion, and social justice, with core goals of Student Attainment, Diversity, Community Engagement, and Sustainability. Highline received a distinguished Award of Excellence from the American Association of Community Colleges in 2014, as well as the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award in 2013 and 2014. The college was also named one of the Chronicle of Higher Education's Best Colleges to Work For in 2010, 2013 and 2015.
The Administrative Assistant 3, reporting to the Library Director, provides a full range of professional, technical and office support and services.
This position's responsibilities includes support for staff and faculty in the Library and the cohort programs in Building 25: Umoja, Puente and AANAPISI.
This position acts as a liaison to other campus offices and activities and is expected to represent the Library and the cohort programs in a friendly, positive manner. The Administrative Assistant 3 independently performs a variety of projects and assignments. This position serves as a resource, directs staff in policy and procedures such as travel, training, and purchasing, and responds to inquiries regarding office or departmental policies and procedures.
This position is a classified full-time position and is eligible for overtime.
Salary Information: The above salary range reflects the starting step of Range 39 (Step A) and ending step (Step L) salary for this classified position. As a new classified employee, based on annual increments, it will take 5.5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Reporting directly to the Library Director, this position will:
- Welcome visitors, screen incoming calls, process mail and respond to inquiries
- Answer and refer questions from faculty, staff, students, and the public concerning Library and cohort programs and services
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries regarding rules, regulations, policies, department procedures, and department services
- Provide professional administrative support to the Library and Cohort Directors
- Prepare paperwork for purchases, reimbursements, request for payments, process invoices, reconcile expenses and prepare requests for library faculty contracts
- Edit and proofread correspondence, policies, procedures and marketing materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements, conference registrations and travel reimbursements for conferences, workshops and meetings
- Monitor expenditures and reconcile department budgets
- Complete special projects as assigned and ensure that projects are in compliance with college policies, applicable laws and regulations
- Draft and schedule meeting notices and maintain meeting minutes and agendas
- Coordinate facility and equipment maintenance
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Assist in webpage development and maintenance
- Participate in campus community events and activities.
Essential Tasks: Ability to:
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office products; Work independently with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Work and interact effectively with colleagues, staff, students, administrators and others of various cultural, social-economic backgrounds and abilities
- Adhere to project timelines and details with strong organizational skills
- Modify writing style for various audiences and modes of communication
- Handle private information with discretion; Interpret and apply complex policies, procedures and federal and state laws
- Proofread and edit complex and detailed materials
- Contribute to a team environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: An Associate's degree; AND Two years of full-time administrative experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working in a college or educational setting.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working in a community college or other academic setting; Experience working with first generation students, students of color or immigrants, or with organizations serving underrepresented communities.
To apply please go to the Highline College career page at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highline?