Program Coordinator - Federal Way CampusHighline College
HIGHLINE COLLEGE (WA) invites applications for the position of:
Program Coordinator - Federal Way Campus
Salary: $2,707.00 - $3,505.00 Monthly
Location: Highline College, 2400 S. 240th St, Des Moines, WA
Job Type: CLASSIFIED
Division: ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Job Number: 20181008-PCFWC
Opening Date: 10/15/18
Closing: 10/25/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 20 minutes south of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 70% students of color, representing over 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion, and social justice, with core goals of Student Attainment, Diversity, Community Engagement and Sustainability. Highline received a distinguished Award of Excellence from the American Association of Community Colleges in 2014, as well as the Higher Education in Diversity (HEED) award in 2013 and 2014. The college was also named one of the Chronicle of Higher Education's Best Colleges to Work For in 2010, 2013, and 2015.
Under the general direction of the Federal Way Center Program Manager, the Program Coordinator, independently advises students, staff and the public of policies, procedures and activities that facilitate access and promote completion of academic programs. The Program Coordinator provides guidance regarding general admissions, registration, advising, funding and placement needs. The Program Coordinator works closely and confers regularly with student services and key campus partners on the main campus, to ensure students are guided with accurate information on college policies and procedures. The Program Coordinator is integral in guiding and connecting current and prospective students in navigating their next steps.
This position provides creative leadership to ensure streamlined support for students from the Federal Way Center to the main campus and assesses processes on an ongoing basis for opportunities for improvement. This position is also responsible for the administrative support and office management at the Federal Way Campus.
This position is a classified full-time position, which is eligible for overtime. Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. This position may work evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary Information: The salary range stated above reflects the starting step of Range 37 (Step A) and ending step (Step L) salary for this classified position. Based on salary placement of Step A, it will take 5.5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Reporting directly to the Federal Way Campus Program Manager, this position will:
- Serve as primary point of contact for current and prospective students, faculty, campus staff and the general public, providing quality customer service regarding student services policies, procedures and regulations;
- Independently resolve student and public concerns related to general processes and procedures;
- Provide general information and support to students and potential students about admissions, registration, financial aid, alternative funding options, placement testing, career and support services provided by the college;
- Support students in identifying and navigating the appropriate campus support services and programs;
- Maintain current knowledge of campus policies and procedures to facilitate effective linkages to these services;
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with student services, referring students to appropriate departments when necessary;
- Provide current and prospective students, parents or community members with accurate information on Highline academic program offerings, services and enrollment procedures;
- Coordinate, monitor and or direct student requests regarding admissions, registration, and financial aid, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in the Student Management System (SMS);
- Maintain confidentiality of student records as outlined by FERPA and Highline College policies and procedures;
- Inform students of various placement options and assist in determining the best form of assessment based on skills, experience, and educational pathway;
- Discuss math, reading, and writing skills with students to inform placement test results and advising;
- Initiate correspondence and reply to inquiries regarding college policies and procedures in a timely manner;
- Develop and maintain efficient office work flow, including intake, filing and archiving;
- Perform office support duties which may include scanning documents, distributing and processing mail; updating registration publications and maintaining office area;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide a high level of customer service;
- Work effectively with people of various ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Demonstrate excellent written, oral, and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Creatively problem solve and negotiate solutions;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a collaborative team;
- Take appropriate initiative, exercise independent decision making, identify areas for improvement and propose solutions;
- Work independently, prioritize and organize workload, manage time and projects to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel;
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Associate Degree; AND
- Two years of full-time Student Services experience in higher education in one of the following areas: Registration, Financial Aid or Advising.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Experience working with diverse populations;
- Familiarity with a student management system such as SMS.
Your online application must include the following attachments in order to be considered complete:
- Current Resume;
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) describing how your skills and abilities relate to this position;
- Diversity response statement (found under the Supplemental Questions tab.)
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must submit to and complete a National Criminal Background Check;
- This position is covered under the the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.
Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled. Please be aware that the College appointing authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make an employment decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: