Water Utility Worker II for Pumping, Storage, & Water Quality DepartmentLakewood Water District
Water Utility Worker II for Pumping, Storage, & Water Quality Department
Lakewood Water District is now accepting applications for a Water Utility Worker II position in the Pumping, Storage, and Water Quality Department. Duties include maintenance and repair of building facilities, telemetry equipment, filtration treatment systems, chemical analyzers and injection systems, electronic motor starters, pump/motor assemblies, and flow control valves. Lakewood Water District currently has 30 active wells, 13 storage tanks, 10 booster pump stations, 5 Iron and Manganese Filtration plants, and serves an estimated population of 65,000 - 75,000 people.
Salary: $4,435 - $6,040 per month with an excellent benefit package
- Basic Treatment Operator or Water Distribution Manager I Certification
- Current Washington State Drivers License
- Must be physically capable of making repetitive lifts of 50 lbs
- Must be physically capable of climbing tall structures such as standpipe tanks
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be comfortable working with electrical and plumbing systems
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend oral and written instructions
- A requirement for employment is the ability to participate in the after hours On-Call rotation
- Experience working with or around120/240/480 VAC single and three-phase power
- Experience working with a variety of electrical components including Variable Frequency Drives, Reduced Voltage Starters, chemical injection pumps, submersible, line-shaft, and end suction centrifugal pump/motor assemblies
- Experience working with Iron and Manganese filtration systems
- Experience working with Flow Control Valves
- Experience working with SCADA telemetry systems
- Comprehend drawings and schematics
- Background in drinking water quality, disinfection, and sampling
- Comprehension of basic math and hydraulic concepts
- Comprehend basic Word and Excel applications
- Water Treatment Operator certification
- CCC certification
- Current Class A or B CDL
Applications will be accepted through July 11, 2018. Applications can be obtained at the Lakewood Water District main office:
11900 Gravelly Lake Drive SW, Lakewood, WA 98499.
or on-line at: www.lakewoodwater.org; click on “About Us” and “Human Resources” under “Departments,” and then click on Employment Application.
As per District policy, there is a mandatory one-year introductory period. All District employees are required to submit to MVR and State Patrol finger-printing and background checks. Lakewood Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For questions concerning the position, please call Don Stanley at (253) 588-4423.