LC State invites applications for the position of Librarian.
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $50,000 - $55,000
Degree Required: Master's degree in Library Science from a regionally accredited college or university (completion by Spring 2024)
1. Experience in library circulation services and supervision.
2. Knowledge of library policies, procedures, and best practices.
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
1. Previous experience working with an Academic Library.
2. Proficiency with library management systems, especially Alma.
3. Dedication to promoting information literacy and providing exceptional customer service.
4. Ability to work collaboratively and adapt to changing technologies and library needs.
Supervision of Student Workers: Is responsible for supervising a team of 14-16 student workers. Student workers are the backbone of many library operations, assisting with tasks such as shelving, checking in and out materials, and helping library users. Effective supervision is necessary to ensure these workers are well-trained, efficient, and provide excellent customer service to library users. This may include evening/weekend supevision when required.
Reference Appointments: Organizes and facilitates reference appointments, helping users access the information they need, guiding them in research, and addressing their questions. This personalized service is essential for the academic community's research and learning needs.
Instructional Sessions: Conducts instructional sessions that help library users become more information-literate. These sessions can range from teaching users how to access and use library resources to more advanced research techniques. Such sessions empower students, faculty, and staff to utilize the library's resources effectively, enhancing their academic and professional success.
Library Circulation Services Management: Managing library circulation services includes overseeing the lending and return of materials, managing fines and fees, and maintaining order and organization in the library. Ensures that these processes are efficient and user-friendly, contributing to a positive library experience. Maintains Circulation policies and procedures.
Foster positive relations with faculty, students, and staff and promote the College's and Library's commitment to diversity.
This is a full-time position. Essential duties must be performed on-site.
Other duties as assigned.
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents or your application may not be considered for review.
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before November 27, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To Apply, visit: