Client Success Strategist - AdvertisingMcClatchy
The Client Success Specialist (CSS) is a large contributor to the overall success of the Advertising Team as they will own the day-to-day management of digital accounts and help develop strategies to drive future account performance. The CSS will assist in creating digital solutions after gaining an in-depth understanding of the clients business, needs and ROI requirements. The Client Success Specialist must be a team player willing to provide support where needed with other misc. projects and planning.
Client Management + Strategic Planning
● Grow and develop the designated business.
● Build trust with and advise clients, providing a range of options to achieve client business and marketing objectives.
● Manage and effectively communicate client expectations for all initiatives
● Contact and develop relationships with designated clients.
● Supervise “day-to-day” designated client initiatives, including, but not limited to, business-building, strategy, media and creative projects.
● Play an essential role in major presentations to clients, including annual planning and selling creative, media plans and integrated campaign initiatives.
● Provide guidance to clients, assisting them with all aspects of their marketing and advertising.
● Deep dive with client reporting and web analytics
● Show our clients the value of our work by creating custom reports based on site goals to measure website performance.
● Discover under-performing areas of campaigns; identify opportunities to improve.
● Attend client presentations, add insight to data, and field strategic and technical questions.
● Engage with clients and resolve issues.
● Provide leadership, support and expertise. Inspire, motivate, train and mentor the team as appropriate.
● Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
● Own client goals with detail-oriented briefs and strong attention to project management and follow-through
● Take responsibility for overall client budgets and scope.
● Define project parameters and client needs.
● Manage client expectations regarding timing, schedules and process.
● Take responsibility for overall communication to the client and of the client’s business, providing insight to agency team members regarding client business or project-specific needs.
● Recap client meetings in writing.
● Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
● Attends webinars and additional training opportunities to continue to increase knowledge.
● Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
● Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web technologies, Google Analytics and digital ad serving/trafficking.
● Must be able to work effectively with others and communicate in a positive manner.
Possess business and digital acumen; strategic thinker.
● Competitive, passionate and results driven.
● Ability to troubleshoot issues and display strong problem solving abilities.
● Exhibits technical competency with systems and tools.
● Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
● Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
● Able to learn new computer/web-based/3rd party programs and tools.
● Possess leadership qualities as they manage multiple projects to meet client needs.
● Must have experience with technical development across multiple platforms as well as an understanding of the greater digital landscape (online banners, mobile, digital analytics, search, etc.).
● Must have exceptional presentation skills as well as excellent analytical skills.
● Must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style.
● Two years of prior advertising account management experience required.
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or related field preferred
● Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline pressures are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Talk and hear--good eye hand coordination. Requires ability to operate a motor vehicle and move freely in and out of car. The employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds -- lift light packages and boxes sometimes required for advertisers needs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.