College Comptroller, Office of Finance
College Comptroller, Office of Finance
About Nassau Community College:
Nassau Community College (NCC), a member of the State University of NY (SUNY) system of Colleges and Universities, is a diverse and multi-cultural campus. NCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. NCC promotes positive efforts in recruitment to achieve equity and inclusion and is conducting a search to fill anticipated staff and administrative vacancies. All vacancies are filled pending budget approval.
The College Comptroller is responsible for providing administrative direction to the College Comptroller's office and related accounting staff in support of daily accounting and business operations in alignment with the strategic objectives of the College and related entities, using the highest of ethical standards.
The College Comptroller works expeditiously and diligently on behalf of the institution, while operating with a data-informed and equity-focused approach to enhance student access and enrollment in collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages personnel as assigned.
- Responsible for the oversight and effective operation of the Comptroller's office including but not limited to all areas of accounting (capital, unrestricted and restricted) and other business operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations with Assistant Vice-President and others.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President and others in reviewing, modifying, developing College practices/procedures/policies ensuring a student focused and equity-minded approach in furtherance of College advancement and strategic planning.
- Responsible for planning, project goals, operations, and staff management.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost effective business and internal control processes.
- Partners with stakeholders throughout the college to identify goals, set measurable objectives, gather requirements, and set implementation schedules for business and internal control processes.
- Develops and maintains operational policies, procedures, staff development, budgetary needs for short and long-term initiatives.
- Supports project initiatives in planning and delivery consistent with best accounting and internal control practices.
- Serves as the primary liaison for all financial audits performed by internal or external entities.
- Remains current with best practices and new accounting pronouncement that are relevant to the higher education industry.
- Develops and maintains an operation manual.
- Mentors and coaches assigned staff.
- The Comptroller will understand and manage areas assigned, accounting personnel/staff, capital and operational budgeting, and application of SUNY and governmental regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse college community.
- Commitment to best practices and ethical standards.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with extensive applicable work experience or Master's degree with a concentration in accounting or related field such as higher education administration.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in higher education industry.
- Minimum ten (10) years management experience.
- Active NYS Certified Public Accountant license.
- Demonstrated experience in management, strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Knowledge of current and best practices in accounting standards and internal controls.
- Must be adept at working with diverse populations and be able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise.
- Must possess the capability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Finance.
Quicklink to apply: https://ncc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=166549