DIRECTOR OF TALENT ACQUISITION STRATEGY
OFFICE TITLE: DIRECTOR OF TALENT ACQUISITION STRATEGY
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE/LEVEL: CFB Analyst III
DEPARTMENT: People Operations
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME
SALARY: $100,000 – 110,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
JOB ID #: 569354
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City Campaign Finance Board oversees New York City’s small donor democracy program and educates and engages voters via NYC Votes. The CFB has enjoyed a tremendous arc of progress over its 30-year history, and our updated flagship small donor democracy program is a centerpiece of this progress.
We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and amplify the voices of small donors with New York City’s small donor democracy program.
We are dedicated to making New York City’s local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. You would be working with a team that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement.
The Office of People Operations delivers HR solutions to the agency as the liaison to external city government oversights for talent management and succession planning, payroll management, policy implementation, and people operations. The Director of Talent Acquisition Strategy will report to the Chief People Officer and will oversee CFB’s active and passive recruitment efforts by cultivating innovative and transformational talent strategies to create successful pathways for talent and retention. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate and develop a robust agency recruitment strategy by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, marketing/promoting CFB through social media avenues, and refining current recruitment channels.
- Design and optimize our recruitment marketing strategies to drive awareness and positively position CFB as an employer of choice
- Collaborate with Marketing and Public Affairs to develop CFB’s employer brand to create compelling candidate messaging to attract a high quality and diverse pipeline.
- Ensure specified recruiting goals are achieved by collaborating with hiring managers to understand, develop, and implement specific recruiting strategies and processes related to scope of work.
- Evaluate trends in recruitment and the job market to recommend best practices and strategies.
- Leverage NYCAPS reporting and other metrics to track employment data/trends and share relevant insights with department heads and senior leadership.
- Liaise with People Analytics Lead to analyze recruiting KPIs to gage the effectiveness of CFB’s hiring process and recruitment efforts.
- Oversee daily talent management functions by meeting with The Talent Manager to discuss delivery and completion of key responsibilities and projects; assist with training People Operations staff on Talent Acquisition Process.
- Conduct regular recruitment meetings and trainings with hiring managers to discuss job performance and interview process.
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Specialist to create recruitment trainings and webinars for hiring managers.
- Improve CFB’s internship and fellows programs by cultivating strategies to attract top student talent.
- Act as talent liaison with executive and operational staff within CFB and other agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all employment-related regulatory standards.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive HR experience, with a strong background in talent management and marketing
- 3 years of experience driving and implementing recruitment programs, plans, and initiatives, working with the latest technology, tools, and market data for recruiting and hiring talent
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or similar
- Applying design and strategic thinking to resolve complex business problems
- High level of technical proficiency, particularly working with platforms for recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to meet deliverables in a complex and matrixed environment
- People leadership experience (direct management, mentoring, etc.)
- Experience presenting to Sr. Leadership
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate Knowledge of E-hire, NYCAPS, Microsoft 365 and Teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Customer service background
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to supervise, lead, coach a team of professional staff in all talent acquisition processes
- Ability to balance cross-functional business processes and ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator who can adapt to a variety of work styles
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion and intersectionality in the workplace
- Experience in team building at all levels of an organization; willing and able to build intra and inter-agency relationships
- Superior interpersonal skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels and functions including demonstrated skill in conflict resolution
- Strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills, good reasoning abilities, and execution of sound judgments
- Strong problem solving, writing, oral, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to conduct one-on-one meetings and meetings with wider audiences
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience with different stakeholders and broad constituencies
- Demonstrated experience working with and within government agencies
- Demonstrated experience with leading multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by at least twelve semester credits (or the equivalent of twelve semester credits) in accounting, auditing, business or public administration, computer science, economics, finance, statistics, graphic design, personnel or human resources administration, user experience design, or a closely related area of study and one year of satisfactory full-time experience in accounting, auditing (including compliance or investigative auditing), business or public administration, business analysis, computer science, database administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic management or research, statistics, graphic design, personnel or human resources administration, user experience design, or a closely related field; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five-years of experience as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above.
TO APPLY: Internal City Employees must apply through Employee Self-service (ESS), External Applicants must apply through NYC.gov/careers.
- Please apply to the job ID number listed above.
- Resume and Cover Letter are required for consideration.
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.