JOB ADMIN ANALYST
JOB ADMIN ANALYST
Civil Service Title
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Technology, Data & Innovation
5 Manhattan West
# of Positions
Title Code No
Proposed Salary Range
$ 75,000.00 (Annual)
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Job Admin Analyst. Reporting directly to FISA's Financial Systems Job Administration Director, the candidate will be responsible for the submission of jobs in production and test environments, tracking of the status of submitted jobs, escalation to Level 2 support during failure scenarios, as well as additional tasks related to the creation and continued enhancement of financial system job schedules.
The Job Admin Analyst will perform Tier 1 production support for FMS/3 supported production applications, as well as Tier 1 support for the FMS/2 Budget support. Said applications reside on UNIX and IBM Mainframe platforms. The suite of applications supported, includes, but is not limited to the following enterprise systems: PIP, IF A, VEND EX, City Wide Accounting and FMS Budget. Job administration duties span FISA's mainframe and UNIX platforms.
The primary tool(s) used by the candidate will be the desktop-based tool- CA Workload Automation (aka d-series). The candidate will run batch job streams via the CA Workload Automation (d-series), and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions. The work will be performed in multiple development and test environments and also on production systems - and the candidate will be expected to differentiate job streams and prioritize workloads as directed. The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
Additional tools used on a day-to-day basis as part of their job duties include: CA-Agents, CA-Adapter, Microsoft Outlook, ClearQuest, and Attachmate to access IBM Mainframe z/OS, RMDS to access mainframe reports, putty and WinSCP to access AIX Operating systems. The primary applications supported are Enterprise-wide financial applications - but the other business systems may be supported as directed.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running of job flows (e.g., stalled/late flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation/d-series, or comparable Scheduling Automation Software.
• Ability to schedule and process ad hoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested - using the tools above.
• Demonstrated ability to learn the CA Workload Automation/ d-series tools.
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF.
• The candidate will be expected to have knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction.
• Process Backups/Restores as required.
• Helpful to have experience with Advantage Financial applications.
• 5 years' experience working on ADC/Unix and mainframe platforms running and monitoring critical production batch processes.
• 5 years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
• 5 years' experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 550030. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
07:30 am - 08:00 pm. 3 days per week w/ additional rotating Sunday shift every 4 weeks.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.