Designated Mental Health ProfessionalPeninsula Behavioral Health
Position Title: Designated Mental Health Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Supervisor of Crisis Intervention Services
Job Purpose: Responds to crisis/emergency situations. Provides mobile crisis intervention, clinical assessments, and stabilization services to adults, children, and families. Provides involuntary treatment services according to RCW 71.05 and 71.34 (Involuntary Treatment Act).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides mobile crisis intervention and stabilization services.
• Provides crisis case management and brief therapy.
• Performs ITA investigations, evaluations, and associated DMHP tasks, including the monitoring and petitioning for LRA's.
• Provides screening and triage services by telephone and face-to-face.
• Develops individualized safety plans and treatment recommendations to ensure client and community safety.
• Provides support to other agency clinicians in the form of consultation and assistance with joint outreach.
• Facilitates authorization and extensions for hospitalization.
• Performs other mental health evaluations including intake evaluations, school requested evaluations, jail requested evaluations, court-ordered evaluations, etc.
• Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2), the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 71.05.390 and RCW 71.24), and other applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff information.
• Maintains physical security of confidential materials and assigned Agency property.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates proficiency in utilization of the Center's electronic medical record system.
• Provides information and education to the community regarding mental illness and involuntary commitment laws.
• Maintains professional competency through a program of professional development and in-service training.
• Maintains timely and accurate documentation in accordance with Washington State law, SBHO guidelines, and current best practices.
• Provides report to team members following 24 hour shifts.
• Reviews Crisis Alerts regularly
• Attends Staff Meetings on a regularly scheduled basis.
• Consistently maintains a high standard of professional conduct in interpersonal relationships with clients, staff, and other community professionals.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Completes all clinical documentation by the end of the shift per the Department's policy. - Documents LRA Monitoring contact monthly per BHO Contract.
- DMHP responds to requests for service within 2 hours per BHO Contract.
Required Education, License(S), Certification, and Experience:
Education: Masters Degree or further advanced degree in counseling or one of the social sciences, BSN in nursing. Licensure: Meets qualifications to be a Mental Health Professional in the state of Washington. Qualifies as an Agency Affiliated Counselor or be licensed in the State of Washington by the Department of Health as a Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychologist or BSN/RN.
Experience: At least two years post master's or post licensure experience in direct treatment of mentally ill or emotionally disturbed persons. Valid Washington State Driver's license and availability of a vehicle is required.
Preferred Additional Credentials / Experience:
Experience: Two year experience providing crisis intervention services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
o Knowledge of RCW 71.05 and RCW 71.34, as well as clinical principles and practices.
o Knowledge of the Center's documentation requirements for clinical records.
o Knowledge of the Center's administrative policies and procedures.
o Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients, public and staff.
o Ability to meet DMHP eligibility requirements of Chapter 388-865 WAC.
o Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
o Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively
o Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet the Center's performance, quality assurance and productivity standards.