Administrative AssistantPierce County Fire District 16
Pierce County Fire District 16 (Key Peninsula Fire Department) is seeking a highly organized individual to join our team as a full-time Administrative Assistant beginning June 1, 2018. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, energetic, self-starting and methodical in detail processing. The Administrative Assistant, a non-exempt, overtime eligible position, will support the administrative team under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, performing job duties that will contribute in the effective administration of programs and fund management systems associated with the professional activities of the Fire District. The Administrative Assistant applies financial expertise, organizational skills and administrative controls over the duties as described in this document and that of the approved job description.
- AA Degree in Accounting or Public Administration or, two (2) years progressively responsible employment in accounting, financial planning and/or investment management.
- Possession of a valid Washington State driver's license
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the past seven years - U.S. citizen; or be able to provide documents of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be of good moral character and of temperate and industrious habits.
- Considerable knowledge and working ability with Windows Software Applications, such as Excel® and Word®.
- Experience with Budgeting Accounting and Reporting Systems (B.A.R.S.) accounting systems, or other similarly prescribed and approved chart of accounts.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, payroll systems and general ledger procedures.
- Knowledge of merchandise accounting, including purchase order procedures, material receipting and paperwork matching, invoice approval, voucher preparation and entry to general ledger accounts.
- A strong awareness of applicable public administration laws including competitive bidding, records management, human resources and confidentiality.
- Skilled in human relations, being tactful but still effective in obtaining data and information needed to meet job accountabilities.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines, frequently working under pressure to meet those deadlines. Accurate work is essential.
Salary, Benefits & Working Hours: - $4,045.70 Starting Salary (Non-Negotiable)
- Premium Pay for Completed College Degree
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation Leave
- Medical, Vision and Dental Paid by Employer
- Matching Deferred Compensation
- Participation in the Washington State Retirement Systems (PERS 2)
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm. ½ Hour Non-Paid Lunch
- Paid Time off for Recognized Holidays