IT Support TechnicianPuyallup Indian Tribe
Puyallup Tribe Of Indians
Opens: May 29, 2018
Closes: July 11, 2018
Job Title: It Support Technician
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: It Support Manager
Hours: Full-time 40 Hours/week
Salary: Depends On Qualifications Plus Benefits
Under the supervision of the IT Support Manger, assists in the coordination and maintenance of the Tribe's computer network by providing technical assistance to users in various departments within the Tribe. Must remain ahead-of-the field in communications systems/software information/usage/technology and be proficient in various work processing packages, spreadsheets, database programs, bar coding, electronic mail, electronic scheduling, desktop publishing, financial/budgetary programs. Updates program communication and/or computer software.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Installs, troubleshoots and maintains computer workstations, servers, printers, scanners, network equipment, and telecommunications equipment hardware and component replacement as needed.
2. Installs, troubleshoots and maintains various software applications to include Microsoft Windows Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, various UNIX shell scripts, Apache Server, LINUX Operating System, Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro, and Windows 2003 Server, and others as needed.
3. Maintains detailed documentation ofwork done and solutions provided.
4. Assists in providing on-site training of "information" technology needs, specific to each department/entity of the Tribe. Helps creates one-on-one tutoring/mentorship programs for staff needing specific training in word processing or spreadsheet creation and applications as needed.
5. Assists in managing user database security. Assists in the development of distributed interaction data over the World Wide Web. Helps plans and implement data replication for in-house to external databases.
6. Installs, configures, and repairs cameras onthe SecurityCamera system.
7. Assists in evaluating various departmental communication systems in terms of their applicability to such objectives as improving customer service, assuring systems reliability, integrating voice and data transmission, sharing critical resources, responding to changing business conditions and reducing communication costs and makes recommendations to the IT Support Manager.
8. Working in conjunction with the IT Support Manager, provides application and/or database solutions by advising client departments on hardware and software configurations to meet user needs and goals.
9. Installs a variety of computer-related devices such as terminals, modems, keyboards, printers, digital multiplexers, switches and high speed wiring facilities at the direction of the IT Support Manager.
10. Remains current on technological advances in the communication industry and attends meetings,seminars and training sessions as needed.
11. Performs activities that may involve the lifting, moving and installation of equipment.
12. Assists in any related computer technology as required. Some of the activities may include community projects or involve technical assistance at other sites.
13.Performs cleaning activities that may require the use of cleaning equipment such as a vacuum cleaner, broom or mop. This cleaning is usually required where there is computer network equipment, limited access to the equipment by regular cleaning personnel, and a need to keep the impact of dust on the equipment to a minimum.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications And Requirements:
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) from a college or university in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of one-yearrelated experience and/ortraining (two years preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis(if no degree, must demonstrate a minimum of three years related experience). Additional education still requires minimum experience to be met.
Ability to read, analyze,and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
Licenses or Certificates or Other Requirements
Having at least one ofthe following certifications is preferred: MSCE, Java, DBA (SQL Server or Oracle) or CISCO. Required to have a valid Washington State Drivers License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
• Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
• Requiresthe ability to concentrate and consistently produce accuratework.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle,or feel;reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee occasionally isrequired to stand and walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level is low to moderate.
• Thephysical exertion islow tomoderate.
• Work is performed in an office setting.
• There arefrequent employee contacts during the day.
• Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues being addressed.
• Requires occasional travel using employees own transportation. The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need
arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian preference employer as required by law.