BIA Cleaning Service TechnicianTacoma Chamber of Commerce
BIA / Local Development Council
Job Description: Service Technician
Brief Description Cleaning, maintaining and enhancing the appearance of common areas to
encourage the public to visit and do business in the District. Service
technicians act as a visible presence of the BIA and the rate paying property
owners. A technician may be responsible for any or all of the following
variety of semi-skilled tasks, which are subject to change throughout their
Full-Time Position, W-Su, 8:30-5PM
• Operate street sweeper, leaf blower and pressure washer to clean and maintain streets, sidewalks
• Perform daily preventative maintenance on equipment, including checking oil, fluids, and
checking equipment for problems.
• Remove graffiti and other vandalism.
• Respond to emergency calls to clean up trash and remove graffiti left in public spaces.
• Clean public restrooms and other spaces as assigned.
• Remove snow using shovels and other equipment.
• Pull weeds, pickup trash, and remove other debris.
• Assist in setting up and cleaning of job sites including traffic control devices.
• Hang street banners and holiday decorations.
• Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships
with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position
if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• Works under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Reports to work each day, on time, for the hours assigned for a total of forty (40) hours per week
with typical hours being Wednesday to Sunday, 8:30AM to 5PM.
• Works safely and follows all safety rules, including properly using safety equipment.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Employee must be able to independently determine the completeness, and thoroughness of the
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls
• Reach and grasp with hands and arms
• Push and pull objects
• Sit, stand and walk
• Climb or balance
• Stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Wear a backpack blower
• Conduct repetitive tasks bending, lifting and using arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for extended periods and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee works outside regardless of weather.
• The employee frequently works near moving vehicles and is frequently exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, noisy conditions, and vibrating equipment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Frequent exposure to gasoline, oil and cleaning agents.
• Safety equipment is provided and will be used at all times.Minimum Qualifications
• Graduation from High School or three (3) years of related experience or equivalent.
• Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; ability to communicate verbally; ability to work
with co-workers, ratepayers, and the public.
• Hourly rate varies depending on experience ($12-$16/hour)
• Medical, dental & retirement benefits for employee
• Paid time off, paid holidays and paid short term disability
April 18, 2018 or until filled. First review includes applications submitted by April 18th.
To Apply Please send the application to email@example.com or 950 Pacific Avenue; Suite 300; Tacoma, WA
All employment with the Downtown Tacoma BIA is “at-will.” This job description is not an employment agreement
or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description without notice. The statements
contained herein should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform
other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas as needed to meet the needs of the organization