Sports ClerkThe News Tribune
Tacoma, WA Full-time
Posted on May 7, 2019
$12.00 / HR
The Sports Clerk is responsible for collecting and editing sports information for use online and in print.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for taking phone-in and email results from local high schools, colleges and inputting it into the database
- Compile, code and layout the Scoreboard page using CCI and AP wires
- Write short recaps of local results for publication using proper AP and TNT style and formatting
- Input team and sport schedules to the database
- Assist in compiling records and statistics from area high schools
- Compile TV Log through various sources
- Compile calendars for the weekly entertainment section.
- Nights and weekends are required
- Other duties as assigned by the Sports Editor or the Prep Editor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research
- Strong written, verbal communication, editing skills with extremely accurate keyboarding.
- Accustomed to working in an environment where workflow and activities are documented in technology tools.
- Professional and able to present outstanding and positive image for company with speech, behavior, action and communication.
- Ability to handle high volume and deadline pressure every day; work with interruptions and in a non-private environment.
- Able to constantly re-prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in a fast-paced office environment is preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience writing or journalism
- High school or equivalency with office training