Truck Driver (CDL)The News Tribune
Need to Supplement Your Income?
The News Tribune is seeking a driver to load trucks with carts/pallets of newspapers and deliver them to various warehouse locations.
Starting wage is $15.00 per hour for Class B and $17 per hour for Class A.
The position is part-time. Most work would be nights and weekends, not more than 20-30 hours per week. Shifts are generally 3-5 hours in length, with a 3-hour minimum guaranteed. Shifts occur sometime between the hours of 8:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
Qualified candidates must possess a valid class A or B CDL license, a safe driving record and good defensive driving skills.
The Truck Driver (CDL P/T) is responsible to load and deliver all publications and products to Distribution Centers and any other miscellaneous drop location in a safe manner.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Safely operate company vehicles up to 46,000 GVW, performing safety/vehicle inspection checks before operation and reporting findings appropriately.
- Load trucks, secure and verify load; prepare skids/carts for transport when required.
- Transport pre-ship products, bags, samples as required and unload all cargo at Distribution Centers or other sites as required and then return to the plant with both empty carts and carts with recycle material. Offload recycle material into bailer conveyor upon return to the plant.
- Deliver mailbags to designated locations; deliver / pickup Tribune, Herald, Guardian, New York Times, Gateway, etc…publications to designated drop locations.
- Distribute Direct Delivery Products including TMC publications to DCs or postal drops.
- Fuel and clean trucks, submit vehicle maintenance reports as necessary.
- Operate electric / manual pallet jacks when needed.
Driver must possess (or be willing to pass a test and acquire) a valid Washington State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Class A or B certification
- Good defensive driving skills
- Good driving record.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 22