Farmer’s Market CoordinatorTown of Steilacoom
Farmers’ Market Coordinator
Wages/Hours: $16.86 - $19.73 / hour
Market season May-August approx. 20/hrs week
Off season approx. 0-4/hrs week
Closing Date: May 10, 2018
The Market Coordinator is responsible for on-site management during market season, as well as a number of necessary pre-season and post-season tasks.
1. High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
2. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
3. Possess a valid drivers’ license / good driving record
4. Experience in project management, program coordination, and event planning within a public service environment.
Preferred: Prior market coordination experience.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, walk up to nine (9) hours/day, bend at the waist, lift, stoop, kneel, and crouch. This position frequently requires the incumbent to engage
in repetitive hand/arm movements, pushing/pulling, and grasping. The incumbent must have the ability to
give/receive oral/written instruction and explain policies/procedures. On a regular basis, the incumbent may
be required to lift/move/transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
The majority of this work is typically performed in an outdoor environment in all types of weather conditions.
Terms of Employment: Use of a personal vehicle is required. The incumbent must maintain current insurance coverage. Mileage reimbursement is available. The position requires availability to work flexible hours and is not eligible to receive benefits.
Application Procedures: Submit a Town of Steilacoom application and your resume to: Town of Steilacoom, Human Resources, 2301 Worthington Street, Steilacoom, Washington 98388. Applications are available online at www.townofsteilacoom.org or may be obtained by calling the job line at
(253) 983-2590. Those applicants whose qualifications most closely correspond to the Town’s needs may be selected to appear before an interview panel. The successful candidate must pass credit and background checks.