Business Services Coordinator
Business Services Coordinator
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Business Services Coordinator for the Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Purpose of the Position: This position provides administrative support at a senior level for the department chair and functions as the office manager, department budget manager, and HR Coordinator, and oversees workloads for administrative support staff and student workers. The position manages and reconciles all department budgets, manages all hiring responsibilities for the department, serves as a liaison for all requests with the Dean’s office, ensures compliance for all international employees/visiting scholars, serves as departmental timekeeping manager for all payroll actions in Kronos, provides executive assistant support to the department chair, and has oversight of reappointment, promotion, tenure and tenure review process annually.
Salary: $40,045 - $46,414
Minimum Qualifications: Four-year degree in a related business function and one year of experience in accounts reconciliation, business processing, office management, or human resources; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
Executive Assistant to the Chair:
- Maintain calendar and scheduling
- Travel and grant fund support for the chair
- Faculty meeting and MEES seminar scheduling
- MEES committee membership
- Kronos (timekeeping) administration and approvals
- Workload evaluations
- Point of contact for all requests for the Dean’s office
- Approve all electronic transactions for the department; purchasing, p-card, facilities, etc.
- Facilities Management to schedule and track projects etc.
- New faculty recruiting, hiring, start-up
- Departmental Promotion and Tenure process
- Leaves of Absence, Course Buyouts
- Part-time faculty hiring
- Support for visiting faculty and post-docs
- Coordination with International Programs on visas, green cards, work eligibility
- Space tracking and allocation
- Renewal of Teaching Faculty Contracts
- NinerTalent actions for faculty, staff, and temporary employees
- Onboarding and setup for new faculty
- Manages all of the department budgets (non-grant)
- Compiles and summarizes the financial data for budget management and reporting
- Compiles and summarizes ongoing budget transactions to coordinate spending plans for the department with the department chair. Proposes and implements lapse funding plan and monitors ongoing spending
- Assists chair, faculty, and staff with coordinating and prioritizing funding requests based on account balances, department needs, and history
- Prepare annual budget workbooks for the Budget Call process
- Follow all University Policies and Procedures
- Back up other ME staff
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to learn University systems and procedures, including 49er Mart, BOA Works, Banner Finance, payment request forms, ePAF, Malibu, and eGA. Experience generating reports and creating spreadsheets. Administrative experience including calendar management, office management, correspondence, and Google Workspace. HR experience with hiring processes that include but are not limited to scheduling and recruitment database management. Excellent communication and problem resolution.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu Search for SHRA job #001828. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.