Research Project Coordinator
Research Project Coordinator
Position Number: 20047602
Vacancy ID: NF0006150
Department: Renaissance Computing Inst-637100Renaissance Computing Inst - 637100
Classification/Appointment Type: EHRA Non-Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1
Full Time/Part Time Permanent/Time Limited:
If time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
Hours Per Week: 40
Job Code ID: Research Coordinator
Salary Shown to Applicants (Hiring Range): $60,000-$67,500
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Duties Exempt: Yes
Are you ready to go beyond the state of the art?
At the Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI), we use data, creativity, and inclusive teaming to revitalize how science is done. Fostering data science expertise and creating cyberinfrastructure isn’t just about solving known problems – it’s about expanding human potential by unlocking data.
We need innovators, builders, strategists, technologists, architects, and creative thinkers across all domains to drive this work forward. When you join our team, you’ll:
-Spend your time solving the interesting and unique problems of research and development.
-Shape your future through experimentation and unfettered access to premier education and research.
-Make connections to people and projects that ignite your passion.
We know that diversity of people and ideas is a cornerstone of innovation, and we work to ensure our culture reflects that knowledge. We provide the tools you need to do your job effectively; we offer flexibility so you can be the most productive version of you; and we encourage thoughtful and challenging discourse.
Join our research institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill today and help us spark a scientific renaissance across the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and beyond.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
The Renaissance Computing Institute at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is seeking a Research Project Coordinator to report to its Research Project Management Office. This position will be responsible for coordinating one or more research and team science projects and provide support for RENCI outreach and engagement.
Incumbent will work closely with project teams as well as with Outreach/Engagement Specialists to develop training materials, presentations, webinars, and other educational, engagement, and outreach initiatives. Critically, this position will require coordinating with a variety of cross-consortium groups to collaboratively develop content for consortium partners and other external stakeholders and providing required logistical support in partnership with the Communications team. Incumbent should be a highly motivated, detail-oriented team player, and demonstrated problem solver with a proven ability to make decisions.
Incumbent will have primary responsibility for planning and coordinating all major activities for
assigned projects, including regular training events and user workshops, and annual or bi-annual meetings. Tasks include:
– Monitoring the planning and execution of project activities to ensure adherence to budget,
schedule, reporting, and scope.
– Organizing and developing agendas, schedules, and presentations.
– Coordinating participants, speakers, logistics, etc.
As a member of the PMO, the incumbent will also work with teammates on RENCI internal projects and activities, identify and resolve problems, and contribute to internal process improvement.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Project planning and coordination:
– Excellent attention to detail;
– Excellent organizational and multitasking skills;
– Familiarity with contracts language and negotiation techniques;
– Ability to comprehend, develop, and adhere to project budgets
– Ability to plan and coordinate large multi-faceted and specialized projects;
– Ability to implement defined program management strategy;
– Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
– Ability to track tasks, and ensure timely progress of the project through completion;
– Ability to gather data and draft reports as needed;
– Ability to collaborate with other teams as needed;
– Demonstrated experience with project coordination, event coordination, or customer service required;
– Occasional evening and weekend work required;
– Occasional travel required.
Outreach and Communication:
– Available for travel related to the project;
– Efficient engagement of all project stakeholders to facilitate project outcomes;
– Ability to edit and analyze informational materials or content;
– Familiar with selection of customer tracking tools.
– Ability to establish and maintain a variety of positive and constructive working relationships;
– Ability to understand internal workings of the department relative to external expectations of clients and stakeholders.
– Ability to use and incorporate various hardware and software packages in support of project outcomes;
– Familiarity with a range of teleconference and other communication tools, particularly online tools including Zoom;
– Ability to research and identify relevant new technologies and make recommendations for use and purchase.
Post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating comparable independent research productivity, will accept an undergraduate (bachelors) degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience:
Prefer three years’ experience in project management and/or program coordination and organization. Working knowledge of federal funding mechanisms and reporting requirements is a plus.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements:
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/236852
Department Contact Name and Title: Jordan Todd, Sr. HR Consultant
Department Contact Telephone or Email: email@example.com
Posting Open Date: 07/28/2022
Posting Close Date: 08/10/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Office of Human Resources Contact Information: If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.