Service Line Director Cardiovascular
Service Line Director - Cardiovascular
The Service Line Director reports to the Vice President, Health System Strategy (VP, HS Strategy) and is responsible for coordinating a Service Line to deliver high value to patients. The Service Line Director must effectively coordinate with leaders across Health System and Faculty Group Practice in providing leadership and oversight for designated strategic activities. The Service Line Director will provide leadership across clinical enterprise, collaborating effectively with Department Chairpersons, Division Chiefs, Medical Directors and VP, HS Strategy. The Service Line Director will implement the vision and direction provided by leaders and advise them of plans and initiatives.
Scope: UTMB Hospitals and Clinics at all clinical sites throughout the UTMB Health System. The Service Line Director has responsibilities to coordinate with all areas providing specific Services in a matrix environment.
Specific Job Focus for Service Line Director - Cardiovascular:
- Work with VP, HS Strategy to develop and implement growth strategies across a variety of Cardiovascular Departments
- Collaborate with cardiovascular operations managers to implement key growth projects
- Lead and manage the monthly Cardiovascular Executive Committee.
- Develop and manage service line wide growth and other key metrics dashboards
- Cardiovascular service line leader will work with system optimization leaders to implement Lean projects
- Work with Decision Support to understand financials of all key Cardiovascular Departments to look for opportunities to improve performance
- Collaborate with physicians to enhance our clinical capabilities
- Collaborate with the following departments …Cath Lab, OR, Cardiac Rehab, outpatient clinics
- Work with EMS to implement outreach strategies
- Grow surgery and cath lab volume
- Master's degree in related field or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in management and/or administration of Service Line related programs
- Prior RN or clinical experience
- Seven (7) or more years of progressive management experience
- Key knowledge of modern health care administration, principles and practices within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and administration as applied to the management and direction of personnel within areas of accountability.
- Effective managerial and administrative abilities as applied to the complex environment of an academic health center.
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive, and forward-thinking manner.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Developing goals and objectives, and establishing priorities.
- Self-starter with a willingness to try new ideas.
- Good judgment and ability to act decisively at the right time.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to function in a participatory management environment which involves clinical department chairmen, division chiefs, administrators, and various levels of management.
- Results orientation.
Human Relations Abilities:
- Ability to build collaborative alliances and teams.
- Effective persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective ability to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility and receptiveness to new and different opinions/ideas.
- Ability to create win/win solutions and relationships.
- Ability to effectively deal with conflict management and the skill to anticipate and bring issues to resolution.
- Organization, planning, scheduling, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to solve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with a minimum of direction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with staff, multidisciplinary teams including physicians, administration, and financial staff.
- Effective verbal, written communication and group presentation skills.
- Design and implementation of communication program to management team.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.