Sales Manager, Automotive
The News Tribune
Posted on September 15, 2017
The Commercial Appeal is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Digital Sales Manager. The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for building and leading a high-performance digital sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Digital Sales Manager will have moderate- to high-revenue responsibility. Must have high digital acumen, an ability to clearly articulate our strong value proposition, have “challenger” skills, a hunger to win, a commitment to client excellence and to delivering results.
In this role, you will:
- Strive to achieve 120% of goal; minimum standard of performance is 100% of goal.
- Quota attainment and expectations are infused in the culture of the group.
- Ensure team’s account portfolio isn’t over leveraged in a few accounts and active accounts continue to grow.
- Takes ownership of numbers and expects same of staff. Manages top performers to greater heights.
- Champion Salesforce.com adoption and models correct utilization.
- Know your “numbers”, is always aware of performance to goal. Encourage team to focus on long-term profitable growth over near-term gain.
- Sales Leader has a clear, formal, written plan of market attack. Plan incorporates individual AE feedback, strategies, etc. Plan is designed to achieve company objectives and goals.
- Have a strong understanding of market competitors; develops strategies for selling effectively against the competition.
- Anticipate deal problems or roadblocks before they occur and implements strategies that prevent them from occurring.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Gannett 5 Step Sales Process
- Embed coaching & feedback in everyday conversations with reps, making coaching a regular, even subconscious activity. Dedicates ample time to coaching top performers to further improve their skills, performance and build loyalty. Provides opportunities during Team Meetings for Best Practice Sharing and Learning and Development.
- Provide “on the job” training to address weaknesses as well as further develop skills and expertise. Recommends other appropriate formal training (internally or externally) to develop skills.
- Lead by example and displays a “can do” attitude.
- Embrace the value behind the world class sales vision and communicates regularly the importance of making progress on the “journey”. Can shed the “this is the way we’ve always done it” way of thinking.
- Is able to work collaboratively with peers, senior management, and subordinates. Gains trust, support, and consensus of teammates for new ideas, etc.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
- Experience negotiating and influencing skills both written and oral.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office.
By clicking on the submit button, your information will be shared with
this employer. You may be contacted from time to time regarding
other opportunities that become available.