System OperatorSnohomish County PUD
Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1
An Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans
We are the Nation's 12th largest public utility, serving over 333,000 electric customers and 20,000 water customers with a work force of over 1,000. Our service territory covers over 2,200 square miles, including all of Snohomish County and Camano Island and is located just north of Seattle.
We are currently accepting applications for:
Works with the operation of the District's transmission and distribution system ensuring delivery of continuous, reliable, efficient, and safe electrical power to all District customers in coordination with other Northwest Utilities. Reports to and receives direction from the Lead System Operator (LSO) and Energy Control Center Superintendents.
1. Monitors and operates computerized systems for transmission, substations and distribution system and initiates appropriate response to ensure reliable, efficient, and safe operation.
2. Issues switching orders to clear lines or equipment for maintenance or repair. Upon completion of work, restores service. Maintains records of all clearances issued.
3. Coordinates appropriate District personnel in emergency response, switching activities, isolating system problems, repair and restoring service.
4. Records hourly actual and scheduled deliveries and sales, compares hourly telemeter quantities from the Energy Control System (ECS) during the absence of the Power Schedulers
5. Answers and coordinates responses to customer concerns after hours, police & fire departments, and 911/SNOPAC dispatch centers.
6. Completes training on the Energy Control System to be able to: Maintain computerized hourly energy accounting records and advise when system scheduling limits are being approached. And, forecast daily and hourly system loads in order to identify the optimal level of resources to schedule.
7. Maintains proficiency in Energy Control Center computer applications and all associated software.
Minimum Qualifications: Successful completion of the District’s System Operator Apprenticeship Program OR Three (3) years System Operator experience at an Electric Utility; CPR and First Aid Card.
Benefits: Complete benefits plan and retirement program.
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at www.snopud.com under Careers by 11:59 p.m. on October 11, 2017.
Visit our Web site at www.snopud.com!!